Van: "Lewis" <cwmm-dev@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [cwmm-dev] Proposed sync merge of TW localization into v2.9 branch
Datum: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 12:13:16 -0400
Aan: CWMM Developers Mailing List <cwmm-dev@2rosenthals.com>

HI...

On 07/22/20 01:37 am, Steven Levine wrote:
    at 01:06 AM, "Lewis" <cwmm-dev@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Lewis,

Speaking of which... Are there enough loose makefiles floating around the
repo? Egad. It seems that every language has a makefile for something
which  could have been done with a single file a level or two above which
was not  NLV-specific. Oh, well. It's a process.
This is exactly how the xwp repo does NLVs.  It's a style I prefer.  A
project that insists on doing everything from a single top-level makefile
is probably a project I'm not terribly interested in working on.

When I need to make a small change to some file in some subdirectory, I
prefer to be able to drop into the directory and type make and be done
with it.  I don't care to be forced to wait for a top-level make file to
figure out that 99% of the code does not need to be rebuilt.

Recall that I did not say *one* top-level makefile. I simply find it inefficient to have:

/classes/res/makefile

and then:

/classes/res/xx/makefile

So it goes. I also thought I spied several dupes along the way, but I may have been reading too fast.

I wouldn't suggest that a single makefile at the top would be preferable at all.

Steve, any comment before I dive into this?
I'm not too picky on how things are named, although I agree that

  classes/res/nl/audioconv_nl.dlg

could shortened to audioconv.dlg with not loss of information.

When laying this kind of stuff out my focus tends to be to try to make
sure the layout will still make sense after I've been away from the
project for 6 months or so.

I also try to not reinvent the wheel.  No layout is perfect and the
existing layout worked for Chris.

Apparently so.

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.
Afmelden