CWMM Developers Mailing List <email@example.com>
We seem to have the following readme files (and fragments) in the v2.9 branch:
These seem to be older versions:
classes_chris_names/doc_and_inst/eng/_Readme.eng (same as classes/doc_and_inst/eng)
classes_chris_names/doc_and_inst/eng/Readme.eng (older content than classes/doc_and_inst/eng)
classes_chris_names/doc_and_inst/ger/Readme.ger (older content than classes/doc_and_inst/ger)
These seem to be newer (referencing 2003/2005 copyrights vs 2002, and referencing the "main" readme in the root of the installation package):
classes/doc_and_inst/eng/_Readme.eng (same as classes_chris_names/doc_and_inst/eng; older content than Readme.eng)
classes/doc_and_inst/eng/Readme.eng (newer ENG content; includes INI setting references)
classes/doc_and_inst/ger/Readme.ger (newer GER content; includes INI setting references)
classes/mm-progs/_MMBROWSE/README (IBM file; should be removed per ticket #15)
install-global/eng/Readme.1st (newest ENG content; excludes INI settings references; includes history)
JPGPROC/Readme.txt (BSD-like license; uses GBM, which is PD)
mediafolder/bin/Readme.txt (refers to proper usage of case-sensitive cp - no user content; seems like build notes)
mediafolder/doc/Readme.eng (excludes mention of MP3/Ogg; includes basic install instructions; history to 0.2.2)
mediafolder/doc/Readme.eng.full (includes mention of MP3/Ogg; includes different install instructions; history to 0.2.1)
mediafolder/doc/Readme.ger (on par with Readme.eng)
slide-show/Readme.txt (BSD-like license; refers to using included script to create WPS object for exe)
I suggest we merge the latest content from each of these into a single document for localization, and put that in install-global/eng.
License in install-global/eng includes Chris' rant against whiners. I recommend that per ticket #1, we replace this with a notice outlining what is GPL and what is not, with exceptions being BSD-like, and containing separate license information. We can include a copy og the GPLv2 in this directory, as well.
Further, I'd like to propose that before we get too far into localization, we standardize on 2-letter language abbreviations, thus changing eng and ger to en and de, where these occur.