From: "Dave Yeo" <cwmm-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [cwmm-dev] Compiling cwwm
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 19:32:40 -0700

On 07/29/20 10:41 PM, Steven Levine wrote:
   at 09:12 PM, "Dave Yeo" <cwmm-dev@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi,

Just a few random thoughts.

Well, stupid error. Trying to work around various stuff that hasn't been
defined by including wptypes.hh, I get this when building the wptypes.hh,

"g:\IBMCPP\INCLUDE\OS2\wptypes.idl", line 23: error: "int" has not been
declared

This raises a number of questions.  The error does not make a lot of sense
to me since my line 23 claims to be:

WPTYPES.IDL:23
typedef unsigned long  ULONG;

FWIW, I'm pretty sure you don't need to build or #include a wptypes.*.
wptypes.idl is #included into wpobject.idl, so it or its relatives should
not need to be #included separately.

OK, I was getting some missing defines or typedefs that seemed to be in wptypes.

It appears I built wptypes.hh etc a couple of days ago while doing some
r&d and I got no errors.  Perhaps we are using different command lines.  I
modeled mine on the makefiles, but tweaked them to be easier to use from
the command line.  A typical invocation was:

 sc -p -r -sih;h;hh -dinclude -maddstar -mnoint -S128000 -C128000
D:\Toolkit\IDL\WPFSYS.IDL

run from the classes subdirectory with INCLUDE set to avoid the need for
-I parameters.

I basically used the makefile command line. Perhaps I should try yours.

.
"g:\IBMCPP\INCLUDE\OS2\wptypes.idl", line 23: warning: Non-portable
"int" will be generated in emitter files.
Number of errors: 1

I'm not sure where your version of IBMCPP came from, but there is no
\IBMCPP\INCLUDE\OS2 directory in mine and it was installed directly from
CD.  I'll check the CD tomorrow to verify I never had a case of the
mad-cleanies in the area.  It has a live-run directory tree.

I downloaded it from Winworld or similar place, unluckily it seems to have got lost in a HD crash. It was 2 ISO's IIRC, the basic VACPP v3 and a bunch of updates to bring it up to 3.08 via 3.06 according to the syslevel.
The som stuff seems to be version 2.01.1, current CSD level SM20004. Possibly this is what differs, though os2.h and such are in INCLUDE/OS2 and there is also INCLUDE/SOM.

What I do have is \IBMCPP\INCLUDE\SOM with IBM supplied *.h *.hh *.api and
*.efw files.

Same, though there are idl files in INCLUDE and INCLUDE\OS2

Earlier in the build, in classes when building the hh files, I did see a
similar warning about the non-portable int but no error in cwimage.idl.

What does this mean?  Did you or did you not get a warning run running sc
for cwimage.idl?
sc -shh -I ./idl/idl_image -S128000 -dinclude -m noqualifytypes idl/idl_image/cwimage.idl
"idl/idl_image/cwimage.idl", line 57: warning: Non-portable "int" will be generated in emitter files.

I'm not used to this environment

This is the first time I've needed pay attention to DTS.  However, I have
enough understanding of SOM to have written a couple fo SOM classes.

and just take it for granted that int
is a fundamental type,

int is a fundamental type for c and c++, but apparently not for SOM.  See
the "Integral Types" help panel in the SOM Programming Guide.  That said,
the docs show examples that use int types in what appears to be SOM code,
so I need to experiment.

Ideas?

Let's figure out why our .idl files seem to differ and go from there.

Possibly different fixes applied? Winworld does have an ISO of version 3, perhaps I need to start over? Most of the syslevels seem to point at version 3.08 except the som ones I mentioned above and a weird one,
G:\IBMCPP\SYSLEVEL\SYSLEVEL.OUT
PP\SAMPLES\TOOLKIT\PM\TEMPLATE
Version 4.4ç.Ç     Component ID
Type \SAMPLES\