From: "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] [eCS ISP] fttc and fiber datarates
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 20:39:02 +0100

Hi Ian,

thanks a lot for answering

Il 22/01/2020 17:44, Ian Manners ha scritto:
Hi Massimo,

As posted at os2world.com..

goto <https://www.speedguide.net/analyzer.php>
I say go here as a means to try to get data on your connection.

What does it say your "RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 2 bits (scale factor:
2^2=4)" is?

and what value does it give for "Unscaled TCP Receive Window"?

"Unscaled TCP Receive Window" is important because this
maybe the maximum tcpswinsize/tcprwinsize values you that
you will be able to use if a multiple does not fit in or under
the OS/2 maximum of 246723. Putting a number in without
it being a proper multiple will result in retransmits.

What you are looking for is a MULTIPLE that fits, the size of RWIN is not

overly important for us. Ignore the bandwidth * delay product for now. If

ok, in the next days i will post data

you are interested you can find more information on that by searching for

RFC1323 and having a read.

Feel free to post everything in the window from that webpage
in the "Share Your Results" box.

i will be forced to move my firewalls from eCS (or AOS in the future)
to applicances :(

If you want to get the full speed of your line, you may not
have any other choice.

Life would be easier if we had TCP/P Autotune like Linux has
but we do not :)

Cheers

"...Life would be easier if we had TCP/P Autotune like.."

what i need is a firewall that support connections of 30, 50 and 100 Megabit/sec, is this possible?

e.g. here i've 2 servers on a 100Megabit/sec full granted
one do 2,5MegaBytes/sec of download and that's no good
but the other (same harwdare & os & drivers) do 7MegaBytes/sec*
of download that's is sufficient for a 100Megabit/sec
(since my office is quite far from the FTTC cabinet)

*i still have to understand why the other server is slow in download datarate :(

massimo