From: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] Stunnel 5.58
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 13:12:12 -0800

   at 06:59 AM, "Paul Smedley" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Paul,

>With yours:
>INTERNAL ERROR: TLS initialization failed at stunnel.c, line 124

>I suspect there was more than a single line of output when you ran
>stunnel, which would provide useful context as to why TLS could not be
>initialised.

In that case, Massimo may only have one more line of output

From my 5.56 reference sources, we have

stunnel.c:121
    if(ssl_init()) /* initialize TLS library */
        fatal("TLS initialization failed");

and ssl_init really only has one failure point:

ssl.c:78
    if(index_ssl_cli<0 || index_ssl_ctx_opt<0 ||
            index_session_authenticated<0 ||
            index_session_connect_address<0) {
        s_log(LOG_ERR, "Application specific data initialization failed");
        return 1;
    }

All of these variable are returned from calls in the OpenSSL library, so
there will nothing logged.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's something not quite right with
Massimo's stunnel.conf.  Perhaps he's trying to connect to a port that's
already in use.

The good news is that this is a debug build and I could run it under the
VAC debugger using the OS2VOICE HelpDesk utility once Massimo puts in the
time to verify he's got the HelpDesk and VAC set up correctly on his side.
He got all the instructions he needs in ticket 709.

Steven