ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #203

Da: "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [eCS-ISP] Stunnel 5.58
Data: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 10:26:09 +0100
A: eCS ISP Mailing List <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

Il 11/03/2021 01:13, Steven Levine ha scritto:
    at 12:58 PM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

which package should i updated from the ANPM utility?
please give me the list to be on pair with your environments

(i guess i've to go to the "available" menu and install the last updates
that you will give me the list)

I may not be the best person to ask because my systems are not typical.

For your purposes since we are talking about a production system, I
recommend updating because you need to, not just because an update is
available.  Updates exist to fix problems, but if you are not experiencing
the problems the update fixes, installing the update is not likely to
provide you any immediate benefits and regression do happen.

For example, if you are getting traps in an older release of libcn0 or the
release you are running is missing a required entry point for some update
app, it's time to update the libc package and anything it requires.

I recommend you learn to use the ANPM Yum tools package export feature.  I
keep timestampped copies of the exported package list.  This makes it
relatively easy to decide what needs to be backleveled if non-obvious
problems start to occur.

Paul's builds tend to use a small subset of the available packages -
generally libc, libcx and pthreads.  You will probably find you need to
keep these updated so that you can run Paul's current builds.

The corollary is that ANPM can install a large number of packages that you
will never use because you are not using any of the applications that
require these packages.

In general, you probably want to avoid packages from the experimental
repository.  There are time when they are needed, but it's best to need
them before installing them.

Steven

guys i can't know which DLL install with ANPM if the developer
do not specify the list in the readme (like it happened in the past)

yesterday when i removed \util\lib from libpath at the reboot
a lot of stuff was not starting anymore
i see that under \user\lib i didn't have stuff like
libc05.dll or libc066.dll etc. and gcc1.dll is dated 2015
while under \util\lib is dated 2021...

if i don't know what the software needs to install via ANPM
this is a trouble, not a solution, sorry

you say that i have a dll hell since i don't use ANPM
ok, well

after moving to it everything stop to start
i had to manually copy all DLLS requested by the softwares
since i don't know which package to install via ANPM
since it's not in the readme

sorry :)

massimo