Van: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [eCS-ISP] links in the ticket
Datum: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 20:02:22 -0700
Aan: "eCS ISP Mailing List" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

   at 10:54 PM, "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi,

>This is rarely a good practice. In fact, unless manually copying to
>\usr\local - and keeping clear and contemporaneous notes as to what has
>been  copied (and why) - sullying \usr is just a bad idea. This is a
>*managed*  tree, as we know.

This is true if you have ANPM installed.  When Massimo started down this
path  ANPM was not installed on th eCS2.0b system.

What he tried to do can be done successfully.  I have done it, but it
requires that one understand what it means to to manage the tree.

>Well, to be precise, with no platform file, yum will default to i386, and
> ANPM will just call yum to do its thing.

True.

>However, ANPM 1.0.6 does make
>it  relatively easy (point & click) to set a reasonable base platform.

True.  However, that was not problem as much as not knowing that it needed
to be done.

Steven

"Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net>  Warp/DIY/BlueLion etc.
www.scoug.com www.arcanoae.com www.warpcave.com