Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [eCS-ISP] IJ FW 4.2.2 ICMP not working
Datum: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 23:09:51 +0200
Za: eCS ISP Mailing List <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

Il 02/09/2022 18:26, Steven Levine ha scritto:
    at 04:52 PM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

i don't know how to do that

Hmmm.  As documented, fxwrap.sys takes the optional /S command line
argument.  When present, fxwraps defaults to deny all when gateway.exe is
not running.  Without this argument, fxwrap.sys defaults to allow all when
gateway.exe is not running.

now i recall that
no, i'm not running it with /S option

so i should try it without the gateway.exe process running
are we sure that it will not give issues?
that firewall is 60KM away from here :)

massimo

If you are running with /S, temporarily remove it and stop gateway.exe.
fxwrap.sys will pass all internet traffic, as if it was not installed.

Whether or not to run with the /S argument in production is a personal
choice.  I choose to run without it because, our ijfwctl.cmd script
monitors gateway.exe and restarts it as needed.  To me, this is just as
safe as running with /S.

Steven