From: "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] Fwd: New BIND Releases are available: 9.11.37, 9.16.27, and 9.18.1
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 17:26:26 +0200

Il 22/05/2023 16:28, Steven Levine ha scritto:
    at 10:23 AM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

9.12.4 is newer, good
but does it need the zone files to be modified?

Probably not, but I am not a bind expert and I don't maintain my own bind
setup.

https://kb.isc.org/docs/en/bind-9-end-of-life-dates
9.11.37 received security fixes until mar 2022
9.12 until jun 2019 (EOL)

This was discussed back in 2019 when Paul did the 9.12 build.  9.11 was an
ESV release and 9.12 was not.  Paul agreed with my suggestion that we
focus on 9.11 since it was going to get long term support.

It appears that ISC changed its release policy a couple of years ago and
it appears that 9.11 may have gotten some addtional years of support

   https://www.isc.org/blogs/2021-bind-release-model/

Paul mentioned some issues attemping to build 9.16 and other projects got
priority.

IMO, if someone feels the need for a newer bind ESV build, he/she should
discuss this with Paul and be prepared to commit to assisting with the
required testing to get it stabilized.

Steven

ok, if 9.11.37 can be stabilized
right now it's completely over

it neither answer requests and the process is unkillable, so server must be rebooted

https://mantis.smedley.id.au/view.php?id=774#c4617

massimo