From: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] mysql upgrade 5.1.73 -> 5.6.51
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 15:18:55 -0700

   at 11:34 PM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

>i'm trying mysql 5.6.51 on the 2ndary mx where i've low load and no mysql
>installed/running so it's already on another VM

OK.

>mysqldump -u myuser -pmypwd --opt --all-databases -r
>x:\BKUP\db\backup_alldb.sql

This looks OK.  Have you tested a restore from the content of
backup_alldb.sql?

I did a bit more testing today.  So far it still appears that mysql_update
cannot update a v5.1 mysql database to v5.6 because it is not the comment
field does not have the expected type.  This resulted in the error I
reported previously:

2023-08-07 23:09:11 6198 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.proc:
expected column 'comment' at position 15 to have type text, found type
char(64).

I assume the field type was altered in some other mysql version.  I seem
to have lost the log file for this run, so I need to recreate it.

Once I do this, I will test if correcting the field type with an alter
table is sufficient to get past this error.

Paul, when you did your mysql_update testing, are you sure the update
actually modified the mysql database?  If the mysql database was created
by 5.6's mysql_install_db.pl it will be skipped by mysql_update, even if
you use the --force option.

Steven