ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #550

Da: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [eCS-ISP] stunnel 5.58 help
Data: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 08:01:28 -0700
A: "eCS ISP Mailing List" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

   at 09:33 AM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

>i use LE on apache, but a cert. that expire each 3 months don't put
>thunderbird or other mail clients  (outlook, smartphones etc.) out of
>work?

>i mean the user don't receive new mails and have to do something to
>accept the new cert.?

I'm not 100% sure.  It depends on the client.  For examaple, Paul and
netlabs use LE certs and when I access these sites with a browser, I'm
never prompted to accept and updated cert.  However, when I access via
git, I get prompted.  Both clients are making https connections.  To be
sure how your client's mail clients will react, you need to test.

>in about 20 years that i manage servers over the internet i've learned
>that moving ports reduce the possibilities of hackers' attacks

It keeps the naive ones away.  The smart ones know how to port scan and
discover the ports that are running servers.

Steven