Gönderim Listesi ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com Ar?vli ?leti #557

Gönderen: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Tam Ba?l?klar
Çözülmemi? ?leti
Konu: Re: [eCS-ISP] ClamAV
Tarih: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 14:59:02 -0800
Alacak: "eCS ISP Mailing List" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

   at 11:55 AM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

>about 4 months passed so, sorry, but i've forgot a lot of staff.

I hope if I ever get to be a young as you again, my memory works at least
as well as it does now. :-

>The
>ticket was abandoned after i published the eQ dump and i had not more
>feedback.

The ticket was not abondoned by anyone I know of, unless it you meant to
say you abandoned it.  You simply neglected to finish adding the required
data which meant the ticket entry was never completed.  Paul answered as
best the could given the information you provided.  I am  a bit older, an
perhaps grumpier, so I sometimes lack the patience to tell folks to do the
same simple things over and over again.

>On the server it's still installed
>ClamAV 0.102.0
>freshclam: ClamAV 0.102.0/26074/Mon Feb  8 13:20:40 2021

Please provide a link to the build.  It appears that I missed the
announcement.

>I use clamav DB + sanesecurity scam and phishing DB even now sanesecurity
>2 DBs still updates (they use rsync)

OK

>but even clamscan 0.102.0 do not
>work anymore and if i run the scan on the maildirs it exit or crash with
>\USR\LOCAL\CLAMAV\BIN\CLAMSCAN.EXE (10/16/2019 12:06:11 3,938,904)
>  Exception C0000005 - Access Violation

You keep saying this as if it is new information.  Did you understand
Paul's explanation of why ClamScan is not working?

>Now let's talk about the 0.103.6 freshclam build by Paul.
>clamav-0.103.6-os2-20220724.zip

>As first i'm only trying freshclam to see if it correctly download
>updated signatures
>version:  ClamAV 0.103.6/26074/Mon Feb  8 13:20:40 2021
>it start downloading updates, but at a certain point it fails with this
>message:

Did you not understand Paul's explanation of why FreshScan is not working?

>I hope to forget anything, i've also updated the ticket on mantis.

Please to not forget to upload an exceptq report with proper symbol
decodes.

Please do not forget to mention which ClamAV versions you are running.
It's not always immediately obvious based on  the exceptq output and there
are lots of ClamAV version in the wild.

For those reading along and somewhat curious about what the issue is, do a
search for

  clamav reduce memory usage

Hopefully, Massimo has already done this.  Currently there are some
workarounds, but no really usable solutions for us as yet.

BTW, is anyone else using ClamAV these days on OS/2?

Thanks,

Steven

"Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net>  Warp/DIY/BlueLion etc.
www.scoug.com www.arcanoae.com www.warpcave.com