Gönderim Listesi ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com Ar?vli ?leti #563

Gönderen: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Tam Ba?l?klar
Çözülmemi? ?leti
Konu: Re: [eCS-ISP] ClamAV
Tarih: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 12:07:22 -0800
Alacak: "eCS ISP Mailing List" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

   at 06:45 PM, "Paul Smedley" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Paul,

>There was no announcement - afair - I built it just for Max  and it
>(apparently) worked  until clamav decided to stop generating updates
>for  it.

Perhaps you pointed Massimo to it in a PM?  IAC, once Massimo posted the
zip file it was easy to pull a copy.  I already had a copy of 0.102.0
pulled using the content of the exceptq report you posted.

>I have no comments on clamscan from 0.102 -  given it can't refresh
>virus signatures  - I don't see the point of wasting any brain cycles on
>it.

Can't or won't.  I'm not that familar with ClamAV.

FWIW, I spent some time with ClamAV here to see for myself how it fails.

clamscan 0.103.6 using the 0.102.0 signatures seems to run without errors
here.  Isn't it supposed to complain that the signatures are out of date
or is that just freshclam?

Freshclam 0.103.6 fails with an SSL issue here.  What .pem file is
freshclam looking for when it complains about:

  * error setting certificate verify locations:  CAfile:
/etc/ssl/cacert.pem CApath: none

If I create cacert.pem and make it read-only, the error changes to:

  ERROR: Download failed (77) ERROR:  Message: Problem with the SSL CA
cert (path? access rights?)

Thanks,

Steven

"Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net>  Warp/DIY/BlueLion etc.