ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #577

Da: "Paul Smedley" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [eCS-ISP] ClamAV
Data: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 17:24:44 +1030
A: eCS ISP Mailing List <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

Hi Steven,

On 14/10/23 15:05, Steven Levine wrote:
   at 04:25 PM, "Paul Smedley" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

https://smedley.id.au/tmp/clamav-0.103.6-os2-20231013-debug.zip is
refreshed to use bww curl. Fails in the same way for me - but hopefully
gets @Steven further along...
This appears to fix the curl problem.

Glad to hear it. I must have had the problem at some point, and figured  out how to work around it.  I vaguely recall at some time downloading a cacerts package - but I had nothing in /etc/ssl so who knows!?

I get to update libc later.  On a positive note, I learned something new
about the kernel.  In the past whenever, I've run into the missing ordinal
problem, the application seemed to die before any attempt was made to run
it.  Turns out this is not true.  The missing ordinal does not cause the
process to die until the code attempts to use the ordinal.  If this wasn't
the case the output show above could never have been generated.

When you way

Fails in the same way for me
I assume you mean freshclam runs out of memory.
Yes

I do find it interesting that you never ran into the missing cert issue.

As above  - I *vaguely* recall a similar issue some years ago and working around it somehow....

Cheers,

Paul