From: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] ClamAV
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 11:39:46 -0800

   at 07:00 PM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

>i've rebooted, now it generate no entries in popuplog.os2
>but neither an eQ dump (but maybe i've to add SET EXCEPTQ=Z to c.sys)

I'm baffled.  Please explain why you might even think that adding SET
EXCEPTQ=Z might be in any way helpful.

>cli_realloc(): Can't re-allocate memory to 1828472 bytes.
>realloc_problem: Not enough memory
>LibClamAV Error: cli_realloc(): Can't re-allocate memory to 1828472
>bytes. LibClamAV Error: cli_ac_addpatt: Can't realloc ac_listtable

Good, this means that you have the system updated so that when/if Paul and
I come up with a fix, you will be able to test it.

Don't expect the traps and hangs to go away until we find a way to
convince ClamAV to use less memory.

FWIW, still have Symantec's NAVOS2 installed on this system  Symantec is
still providing signature files, so every now and then, I pull updated
signatures and run NAVOS2, just to see if it still runs, which it does.  I
have no idea how good the signature coverage is compared to any of the
other AV tools.

The Symantec signature files are way larger than ClamAV's - about 500MB.
However, since NAVOS2 was written with 32-bit systems in mind it does not
run out of memory.

Steven