Fra: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Emne: Re: [eCS-ISP] ClamAV - USE_MPOOL - clamscan OK!
Dato: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 14:30:28 -0800
Til: "eCS ISP Mailing List" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

   at 07:50 PM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

>but clamscan still hang my server 1
>(running on bare metal Xeon 4 core, 2GB ram, raid1 SSD storage)

I should not have to tell you this again, but oh well.  The amount of RAM
you have is irrelevant.  What matters is your VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT setting.
What is your current VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT setting?  I'm currently running
with

 VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=2560

I recommend you give it a try and see if this gives you enough address
space without causing other issues.

>of course i've tried also to remove SPE (the tool that reduce "the load"
>on the system") but it always freeze the server early in the scan
>server completely hang, even no mouse movement

You need to be a bit more accurate.  Is the system hanging before or after
the signatures are fully loaded?

>luckily on the other server (mta2) clamscan give no problems at all (mta2
>runs on 1 core with 2GB ram and it's a VM under Vbox)

Did you compare the config.sys files for differences?

Steven

"Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net>  Warp/DIY/BlueLion etc.
www.scoug.com www.arcanoae.com www.warpcave.com

Abboner: Feed, Digest, Index.