From: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] apache+php and VA limit
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 11:10:08 -0800

   at 11:53 AM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

>since the issue of server freeze with the message "..rebooting" happens
>luckily not all the days, we have to  wait to see if the situation has
>improved

The servers I maintain rarely hang, but so much depends on the application
mix.

scoug.com typically get 30 days of uptime before the scheduled reboot.  On
this system deadman.exe detects failing httpd instances before they cause
an unrecoverable issue.

barney.dnacih.com is more problematic.  Currently it gets a scheduled
nightly reboot.  It's been a while since this failed.

One thing I find helps to prevent reboot hangs is to shut down as many
applications as possible before rebooting.  Of course this can be a
problem if the system is already out of resources.

Steven