ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #625

Da: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [eCS-ISP] apache+php and VA limit
Data: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 07:42:55 -0800
A: "eCS ISP Mailing List" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

   at 10:29 AM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

>the reboot, manual or scheduled
>first close all applications than do a setboot /b
>but in the rare case that the webserver "runs out of something" it freeze
>with the banner system is rebooting on the screen

In case you are not already doing them, there are a couple of other things
you might try.  I have an older reference copy of your reboot script so
you might have already implemented some of these ideas.  You might want to
send a current copy my way in case you have made updates.

You might try downing all the network interfaces.

You might try running the setboot program at time critical priority using
setpri or the equivalent.

You might write the output of go to a log file before rebooting.  This way
you will more information on what the live processes are doing when the
reboot hangs.

You might try adding a call SysSleep 10 after the setboot.  In general
SysSleep is better than sleep because it does not start a new process.

When you need to try a manual reboot, does top show any processes using a
lot of CPU time?

Steven