Fra: "Peter Moylan" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Emne: VNC
Dato: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 17:27:48 +1100
Til: eCS ISP Mailing List <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

I use VNC to look at my server computer from my desktop computer. This
is useful if, for example, I want to do a "live test" of a new version
of one of my server programs. In the present case, I'd like to know
whether my mail server will run for several days without crashing. But
-- see below -- I keep having to restart the test run.

In some other situations, I want to kill one version of a program and
start another version. So far I haven't managed to find a command-line
"kill process" utility that will work across the LAN, so VNC is the only
way I have to do that.

Lately the VNC server seems to crashing overnight (or perhaps just
failing to respond). The only solution I've found is to reboot the
server. That of course invalidates my test run.

Is this a known problem? Are there any known remedies, e.g. another
program that can replace VNC?

--
Peter Moylan                         http://www.pmoylan.org

Abboner: Feed, Digest, Index.