From: "Ian Manners" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] VNC
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 16:08:17 +0800 (AWS)

Hi Peter,

Adding to what others have mentioned.

Important to head a monitor around for those times you
need to put a head on your headless server :)

Every few years when my server has stopped for some reason,
looking at the screen has been important, first thing I've done
for unexpected things is to clean out the dust and check items
like thermal paste are still ok on the heatsink, reseat any PCI
cards (two NIC's) and replug leads etc. I also developed a
habit of using electrically safe contact grease.

Both the old PMVNC and Andrey's VNC have been rock solid
for me while I used them. I've only turned my server on maybe
once this year, which is a shame but yep.

Cheers
Ian Manners