From: "Steven Levine" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] VNC
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 08:37:21 -0800

   at 09:32 PM, "Peter Moylan" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Peter,

>I can't find anything about version either in the README or elsewhere
>with a version number. The executables have a file date of 2019-03-31,
>but that is probably when I installed it.

That's quite old.  I'm running v0.1.12.  Andrey supplies version info in
the bldlevel info.

10-23-23   5:27         175,726      0  vncviewer.exe

Signature:       @#Andrey Vasilkin:0.1.12#@##1## 2023-10-23
DIGI-HOME::::::@@VNC Viewer Vendor:          Andrey Vasilkin
Revision:        0.01.12
Date/Time:       2023-10-23
Build Machine:   DIGI-HOME
File Version:    0.1

510aae358017bb12b11b6ab03a00009a *vncviewer.exe

This is the most recent version listed at Andrey's site.

>Something I appreciate about the one I have is that it's very easy to
>copy text from a command-line window on the server and then paste it into
>an editor window on my desktop computer.

This works well.  This is something that I never got to work in pmvnc,
even though the menu options existed.

>to be trap files or anything like. As for other causes, I can only check
>that with a monitor put on the server ... which I can do, but the failure
>always seems to happen when I'm asleep.

The timing is not unexpected. :-)  VNCServer supports logging.  The
settings are in Properies->Logging.

Steven