From: "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] help about an Injoy FW rule
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 11:35:19 +0100

Il 23/11/2022 23:22, Steven Levine ha scritto:
    at 10:42 PM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

i need to add a 2nd IP

You said that, but that does not answer my question.  My question was
"what's not working with your new rule?"

While I did not say it, I assumed you where showing the one rule you
currently had in place.

e.g. 1.2.3.4 and 2.3.4.5
those IP are not contiguos e.g. 1.2.3.4 and 1.2.3.5

I would write two rules. myportmap_in1 and myportmap_in2.

Hi Steven,

this is a very old post nov. 2022
i tried now this

here what happens..

i created the rule (using FW gui), reloaded the fw rules, all ok
at the reboot of the firewall server (early in the morning i scheduled a reboot)
Injoy stop completely to work and the firewall "close" all communications
so that you can't connect anymore with the remote console to fix the issue

i repeat that i created the rule using FW gui, so there can't be
an space or a bad char in firerule.cnf

Injoy don't show any error in firewall.log while i get in activity.log this:

Fatal: failed to send packet (32799 - 0)

that's a mistery to me
any idea?

thanks

massimo