Van: "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [eCS-ISP] rsync 3.0.9 freeze server
Datum: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 12:05:35 +0100
Aan: eCS ISP Mailing List <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

Il 29/02/2020 06:53, Steven Levine ha scritto:
    at 08:49 PM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Massimo,

updated, but the server freezed also today
(at scheduled bkup time doing a bkup with rsync)

Where is the mantis ticket for this issue?

A couple of hints on best practices for rsync usage.  This mostly come
from the internet and are not my inventions.

Rsync can be both memory hungry and CPU hungry.  Running a complex rsync
backup on a busy system is not a good practice.  There are many tuning
options, but I cannot provide any specific suggestions until there is a
mantis ticket that includes relevant data that I can analyze.

Steven

Hi Steven,

ticket 0000706 on Mantis

thanks