Fra: "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Emne: Re: [eCS-ISP] Bind 9.11.37 issue
Dato: Sat, 11 May 2024 11:02:02 +0200
Til: eCS ISP Mailing List <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

Il 11/05/2024 06:18, Steven Levine ha scritto:
    at 12:02 PM, "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi,

Reading again the ticket on mantis

https://mantis.smedley.id.au/view.php?id=774

i'm going to believe i've not the latest build

https://smedley.id.au/tmp/bind-9.11.37-os2-20230531.zip

This is the build that is run on the systems I am regularly involved with.
It's an ESR build and has been trouble free.  Dan regularly gets weeks or
monhs of uptime on the three system that run bind in his setup.

The only defect I am aware of is that named-checkconf does not work for
binary zone files.

Steven

the old server1 mobo is dead, so i moved everything on this new VM
eCS2.2b 6cores 4GB ram
this VM was used as a "bkup/standby" server in case of issues of the 1st one

anyway it seems slower in performances than the old setup on bare metal
but running MPCPUMON.EXE the VM sees correctly 6 cores

the host is a supermicro mobo X9.. with a 10 cores xeon
it has a RAID1 Samsung SSD array and a 2nd VM with just 1 core
that runs his storage on a dedicated NVME

this (let's call server1) runs on the SSD raid1 array

everything it's keep up to date with YUM/ANPM
wget, klibc, curl, etc. etc.

massimo

Abboner: Feed, Digest, Index.
Stopp abbonement