Van: "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [eCS-ISP] Are IP addresses personal data?
Datum: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 20:58:47 +0100
Aan: eCS ISP Mailing List <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com>

Il 16/03/2020 20:13, Steven Levine ha scritto:

Hi guys,

I, perhaps mistakenly, agreed to assist massimo with a couple of stunnel
issues.  When I requested a copy of the stunnel logs, he claimed that the
log contains person data and refused to attach it to the mantis ticket.

As I understand the law, IP address alone are not person data.  In
specific cases they become personal data when associated with other
information that is itself considered personal information.  This link:

   https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/guides/ip-addresses-and-the-data-protection-act

match my understanding of the issue.  Is my understanding incorrect?

Thanks,

Steven

Steven, i can't publish on a website IPs of my clients connecting
to the server for downloading their mails

with IPs and timestamp too it's also quite easy the geolocation

even if this could not violate any law
i find this unethical

privacy is all
and for privacy i don't mean only privacy laws

massimo

--
This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.