From: "Massimo S." <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] [eCS ISP] fttc and fiber datarates
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 11:58:39 +0100

Il 19/12/2019 23:06, Massimo S. ha scritto:
Il 19/12/2019 16:07, Neil Waldhauer ha scritto:
On 12/18/19 12:17 pm, Massimo S. wrote:
Hi all,

i've read a very long thread (eg. os2world) about datarates issues with modern
connections like fttc or (pure) fiber

here my connection is an FTTC 100Megabit/sec downstreaming and 20Megabit/sec upstreaming

my experience with AOS 5.0.x or eCS 2.x is mixed, some good darates, some very poor

which kind of connections do you have?
how is your experience with datarates?
any suggestion?

thanks

massimo

I have a slow connection at my office, but a fast connection downtown. Downtown is 2300 Mb/s up and down. They essentially have a backbone connection, but they don't expose the full speed. (They won't bond the fibers into a faster connection yet.) How can I run a decent speed test on my next trip downtown?

Neil

i simply connect my laptop (dell xps 15) and download a file from "famous" websites
e.g. https://www.microsoft.com/it-IT/download/details.aspx?id=42335 https://www.ubuntu-it.org/download
etc.. etc..

using my cisco router as gateway i get decent downloads datarates e.g. 6.9-8MegaBytes/sec

if i use my Xeon 4 Cores 2,4Ghz, 4GB ram, eC2.1 (running on bare metal) with all the latest AN nov2018 drivers (with Injoy FW 4.2.2) i get very poor download datarates e.b. about 2.5MegaBytes/sec

this is the situation here

massimo

Hey Steven,

do you have any opinion about this?