From: "Paul Smedley" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS-ISP] bind - which version?
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 12:53:20 +0930

Hey All,

On 26/1/20 6:03 pm, Steven Levine wrote:
    at 10:29 AM, "Paul Smedley" <ecs-isp@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Paul,

The good news, I can now reproduce the 100% cpu usage with 9.11.12.  The
bad news, 9.11.15 has the same issue :(

If you can force a process dump for bin while the CPU usage is 100%, I can
probably figure out why bind is so busy.

I will need a map file and a set of diffs.

To set up the process dump, I recomend you use my PDumpCtl script from:

   <http:/www.warpcave.com/betas/PDumpCtl-0.15-20200107.zip>

Use

   pdumpctl -i bind f

to configure a full dump for bind.  If PDumpCtl cannot figure out the dump
directory, pass the directory name on the command line

When you are ready to capture a dump file, use the F request from the menu
to force the dump.

To avoid collecting dumps you don't need, use the O request from the  menu
to turn off the dump facility before quitting from the script.

I'm finally getting back to this - building 9.11.20 now and will see if it also uses 100%, then will try figure out why.

Cheers,

Paul

--
This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com