Van: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [eCS T60/T61] ACPI issues
Datum: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:14:23 -0600
Aan: eCS ThinkPad T60/61 Mailing List <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>

Carl Gehr wrote:
I've seen comments that Panorama is required for various functions. But, I have also seen coments about cautions, problems, etc., that I
did not really understand.  So, I am still using the latest SNAP and
having no problems.  OTOH, I don't know if I am missing something
either.  [That's the penalty of being a techo-dummy on eCS.]

I have 3.0.8 working, based on Neil's posting about the Intel 945GCNL (I have one of those machines in the next room, which is yet to be delivered to a client), by adding /SAP:0x20 to my PSD line, which now reads:

PSD=ACPI.PSD /SMP /APIC /SAP:0x20

Standard Q#1:  What does /SAP do and why should I care?

You can take a look in \ecs\doc\acpi\acpi.doc.  /SAP controls how much of ACPI you want to use.  I think that 0x20 says "don't mess with my devices".

In addition, I have:

BASEDEV=APM.ADD
RUN=C:\OS2\ACPIDaemon.exe

Yes...  Me too.

I am currently testing with only the defaults in the CFG files.

I'm not totally sure what I may have changed other than I've set the
'Close Lid' to do nothing.  So far, it has worked just fine.  [Makes it
easier to carry the TPad up/down the stairs than when it is open.]

The extra info you;re getting may be caused by:

LogScreen = 1

Hmmm...  I have LogScreen=0
BUT, I when I do a PrtSc, it works just fine.
I've never bothered to change it because of my oft-said
basic view of the world:
  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

in %ETC%\ACPID.CFG

For sound, I have the following in my unimix setup params, loaded from startup.cmd (unimix.exe -loadc:\mmos2\unimix.ini):

-id3 -cnt0 -val1
-id3 -cnt1 -val1
-id27 -val33

I have nothing that I can find about 'unimix'...

Yes, there is a \mmos2\unimix.exe, but no *.ini anywhere that I see.

Should I have something?  ISTR that Paul said his updates, current and
planned, are intended to avoid a user having to deal with this.

I ran into this one by accident.  I was not getting any sound in Kubuntu and found that the speakers were not turned on.  I think Paul is working on this.  I send him some docs on the various states of unimix.

--
Chuck McKinnis
http://www.7cities.net/~mckinnis/os2/

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:12

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.
Afmelden
Mail naar ListMaster