From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Problems connecting while 'on the road'
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 23:26:45 -0700 (PDT)
To: "ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>

This email is mainly for archival purposes.

I spent several hours losing handfuls of hair over why I was able to connect  but not get online while traveling.   The "other" OS works fine but
no ping was possible w/ eCS.

Turns out that since at home I use a static IP & host file that it was the problem.  My home router has the same IP as the router I am trying to
connect to while traveling.

By changing my host file to have only the loopback I was able to get online.

I doubt many others will come across this problem since most folks use dhcp at home.  I'm posting this in case it helps someone save some
time.  This email also serves as a test that it actually works.

Jon