From: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] T60 Volume Control [Was: ACPI issues ]
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:08:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:53:58 -0400, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>Yes, that is his goal. I found that when I used the initial setting per
>Curtis, I was only enabling the left speaker (channel), so I added the
>rest. I then set the preferred volume. I currently have no hardware
>volume control except for mute; the up/down buttons have no effect, and
>I guess this is due to ACPI.

Ahh... This raises a whole new point that I'd never thought to mention
before!

I have been getting volume control on my TPads, along with [supposedly]
and indication of the setup for the display device by using:
    "On Screen Display utility for most Thinkpad laptops"
It works off of the blue ThinkVantage button and the normal volume
control buttons.  I used it regularly with my A30p.  Of course, it
never worked on the T60 until the recent advances in UniAud.  The only
function that really seems to work now is the volume control.  But, it
does work!

More specifics...

>From Hobbes:
>http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/wps/tposd108.zip

Hobbes Description:
Utility to display the current settings for several Thinkpad BIOS
related settings like: - Speaker volume and muting with audible
feedback - LCD brightness - Monitor selection VGA/LCD/DUAL Pops up a
small dialog at the bottom/center of the screen with the relevant info
any time one of the monitored values changes, usually due to the user
operating a special Thinkpad key. F1 with dialog up gives help and
usage information Includes sources and Openwatcom makefile