From: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] uniaud32.sys v1.9.4 SVNr353 crashes
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 20:37:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 18 May 2008 17:28:50 -0600, Chuck McKinnis wrote:

>I don't use Fat32.
>
>For sound, I think you will need to turn on the speakers.  This is what
>I have in startup.cmd:
>
>rem turn on speakers
>@unimix.exe -id3 -cnt0 -val1 > nul
>@unimix.exe -id3 -cnt1 -val1 > nul
>rem set volume
>@unimix.exe -id27 -val33 > nul
>@unimix.exe -savet:\mmos2\unimix.ini > nul
>@exit

FWIW...
I have no such statements in StartUp.Cmd for my T60.

I have the 'Sounds' object [systems sounds] set for:
*  No system sounds
*  Volume set to 100% and the check box to:
    "Use same volume for all sounds."

I also happen to have the TPad OnlIne Display tool [PMTPOSD2.Exe] that
shows changes made to the volume using the three buttons to the left of
the 'blue ThinkVantage' button on the top-left of the KB.  One of those
buttons mutes the volume, the other two set the volume up/down.  I
don't know if there is any tie-in of this tool to the statements you
have or not.  I've been using this tool going back to early days of my
TPad A30p.

--
Carl