From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] uniaud32.sys v1.9.4 SVNr353 crashes
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 18:36:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 18 May 2008 20:59:02 -0400 (EDT), Carl Gehr wrote:

>I think you're mixing two facilities.  The RUN of HelperW.Exe is for
>GenMac not for ACPI.  And, this may also explain your 'loss of LAN
>services.'  The Install.Cmd should have correctly placed the 'RUN...'
>It is possible, if you [or indirectly by some other tool] sorted the
>Config.Sys, that could be the culprit in the misplaced RUN...

Carl:

Yep, you are right, I was mixed up.  But I did not sort my config.sys.  The one time I tried that, many years ago, was a failure.  Never again....  It
is what it is.  I will move helperw around tho, based on your comments.

>As I mentioned earlier, I think the FAT32 issue is not relevant to
>sound working or not.  I have working FAT32 with no problems.

That is encouraging,  but then again, you have an older laptop version.  All I know is that w/ uniaud installed the bootup traps (and stops) with
the error for fat32.  If I comment out fat32 the bootup completes.  At this point in time fat32 is more important to me than sound.

>One sound practice for this kind of diagnostic work is to never change
>more than one thing at a time.  My normal process is also that, if I

Yes, I have  been trying to remember to follow the sound practices (is that a pun?).  Sometimes I let it get away from me.  I am very bad at
methodically writing down what I do.  For this problem, I have 2 config.sys's.  One with uniaud and one w/o.  That makes it simpler to recover
when I need to do something constructive.

Thanks, jon