From: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] uniaud32.sys v1.9.4 SVNr353 crashes
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 21:34:37 -0600

Carl Gehr wrote:
On Sun, 18 May 2008 17:28:50 -0600, Chuck McKinnis wrote:

I don't use Fat32.

For sound, I think you will need to turn on the speakers.  This is what I have in startup.cmd:

rem turn on speakers
@unimix.exe -id3 -cnt0 -val1 > nul
@unimix.exe -id3 -cnt1 -val1 > nul
rem set volume
@unimix.exe -id27 -val33 > nul
@unimix.exe -savet:\mmos2\unimix.ini > nul
@exit

FWIW...
I have no such statements in StartUp.Cmd for my T60.

I have the 'Sounds' object [systems sounds] set for:
*  No system sounds
*  Volume set to 100% and the check box to:
    "Use same volume for all sounds."

I also happen to have the TPad OnlIne Display tool [PMTPOSD2.Exe] that
shows changes made to the volume using the three buttons to the left of
the 'blue ThinkVantage' button on the top-left of the KB.  One of those
buttons mutes the volume, the other two set the volume up/down.  I
don't know if there is any tie-in of this tool to the statements you
have or not.  I've been using this tool going back to early days of my
TPad A30p.

This one dies on my T61 (not really dead, just not functional)

--
Chuck McKinnis
http://www.7cities.net/~mckinnis/os2/

Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18