Mensaje archivado #15 de la Lista ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com

De: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Encabezados Completos
Mensaje no decodificado
Asunto: Re: [eCS T60/T61] ACPI issues
Fecha: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:09:36 -0600
Para: eCS ThinkPad T60/61 Mailing List <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
On 04/14/08 03:06 pm, Chuck McKinnis thus wrote :
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
I am using Panorama on this T61. I believe Panorama is required for APM.

Panorama should not be a requirement for APM to work.  Panorama will not intall on the T61 Intel graphics chipset.

I see you also have a ticket open for ACPI on the T61, which we should all watch (and to whcih we should contribute, if possible):

http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/ticket/194

 From APM-FAQ.doc:

Q6: Cooler on CPU is very loud, how can you help me?
A6: First of all:
     * Use Panorama VESA video driver instead of GENGRAD or SDDGRAD

 From APM.doc:

How to setup sleep/resume? June, 2007:
* Use Panorama VESA video driver

Diane's T61 has the nVidia chip in it. I wasn't aware that Panorama wouldn't install on the Intel chip. Very interesting.

I have 3.0.8 working, based on Neil's posting about the Intel 945GCNL (I have one of those machines in the next room, which is yet to be delivered to a client), by adding /SAP:0x20 to my PSD line, which now reads:

PSD=ACPI.PSD /SMP /APIC /SAP:0x20

In addition, I have:

BASEDEV=APM.ADD
RUN=C:\OS2\ACPIDaemon.exe

I am currently testing with only the defaults in the CFG files.

The extra info you;re getting may be caused by:

LogScreen = 1

in %ETC%\ACPID.CFG

Interesting.  My %ETC%\ACPID.CFG has nothing but commented lines.

I found that I got the extra debug stuff with 3.0.7 even with the setting at the default (off). The current (3.0.8) ACPID.CFG does indeed have uncommented lines in it.

For sound, I have the following in my unimix setup params, loaded from startup.cmd (unimix.exe -loadc:\mmos2\unimix.ini):

-id3 -cnt0 -val1
-id3 -cnt1 -val1
-id27 -val33

(N.B.: Those are not the contents of unimix.ini, merely the relevant settings. Set them manually, as parameters passed to unimix.exe, and then use unimix.exe -savec:\mmos2\unimix.ini to dump them.)

Do you have any idea what the format of unimix.ini is?

As I mentioned to Carl, that's just the name I gave it. It's a binary file, but all you need to do to create it is to save your current settings. So, starting from no sound at all, open a window and do the following:

unimix -id3 -cnt0 -val1 <Enter> (that should turn on the left channel)
unimix -id3 -cnt1 -val1 <Enter> (that should turn on the right channel)
unimix -id27 -val33 <Enter> (that should set the master volume for both channels to 33 out of 39; adjust to taste, obviously, and the volume applet works to adjust it, too)

Then, finally:

unimix -savec:\mmos2\unimix.ini <Enter> (to create the unimix.ini file itself)

Add to STARTUP.CMD:

unimix -loadc:\mmos2\unimix.ini

I seem to have about everything working.  I installed Panorama using the wpi (the method for installing when SNAP is installed).  The battery widgets both show 98%, the beer battery widget says that I have 6 minutes left on the battery. :)

I have the following in CONFIG.SYS now.
PSD=ACPI.PSD /SMP /APIC /SAP:0x20
  not sure what the 0x20 buys me
DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\MOUSE.SYS
 I personally do not use Amouse unless it is needed
BASEDEV=APM.ADD

I removed the RUN=C:\OS2\ACPIDAEMON.EXE, created a little object for it, and put it in the startup folder.

My startup.cmd file:

@attrib -r -h -s c:\os2\os2.ini > nul
@attrib -r -h -s c:\os2\os2sys.ini > nul
@unimix.exe -id3 -cnt0 -val1 > nul
@unimix.exe -id3 -cnt1 -val1 > nul
@unimix.exe -id27 -val33 > nul
@exit

--
Chuck McKinnis
http://www.7cities.net/~mckinnis/os2/

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Suscribirse: Todos, Compendio, Indice.
Desuscribirse
Correo al dueño de la Lista