Gönderim Listesi ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com Ar?vli ?leti #159

Gönderen: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Tam Ba?l?klar
Çözülmemi? ?leti
Konu: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installed eCS 2.0 RC4 on T61 (6465-CTO) withSUSE SLED 10 preloaded.
Tarih: Fri, 30 May 2008 23:18:46 -0400 (EDT)

First, I have a T60, not a T61.  So there may be something different.

On Fri, 30 May 2008 19:07:24 -0600, Chuck McKinnis wrote:

>I am going to trim this up a little.
>
>madodel wrote:
>> I just have the /smp /apic.  What does /sap:0x20 do?   Also I updated to
>> 3.09 using the warpin package and it runs fine now.
>
>/SAP             Set startup ACPI options
>                    default value: 0
>                      /SAP:0x0
>
>                    you can assemble this values:
>                    ACPI_FULL_INITIALIZATION        0x00
>                    ACPI_NO_ADDRESS_SPACE_INIT      0x01
>                    ACPI_NO_HARDWARE_INIT           0x02
>                    ACPI_NO_EVENT_INIT              0x04
>                    ACPI_NO_HANDLER_INIT            0x08
>                    ACPI_NO_ACPI_ENABLE             0x10
>                    ACPI_NO_DEVICE_INIT             0x20
>                    ACPI_NO_OBJECT_INIT             0x40
>
>I think it means that ACPI should not run around and try to play with
>the devices.

I am using the default of 0x00.  No problems on my T60 with 3.09.

>> Per Roderick Klein's suggestion I switched to the Panorama driver (the
>> last version I found on the BetaZone) and now window drag is fine.
>> There is no listing of memory usage that I can find though.  Anyone know
>> what "Enable Shadow Buffer" does?  I selected it but nothing seems
>> different.
>
>I had some problems with Panorama and went back to SNAP.  It is a bear
>to kill the Panorama driver.  Had to do a good old Alt+F1 and reset to
>VGA (really ugly).

I am also running SNAP.  I've not tried Panorama, primarily due to
hearing stories such as the above.

>> I rarely ever use wired.  Usually only when I'm at a hotel and that is
>> all they have.  I will have to give that a try when I get the rest

Using UniAud on my [ICH0 Family] HD Audio.  I am using the 1.9.2 level
from Paul Smedley with the 1.16 level.  Only a very rare hang, and even
a few of those seem to release after just letting it sit for a minute
or so.

>> I installed the last FAT32 driver as well.  I have a big FAT32 partition
>> to share files with Linux if I ever decide to spend any time in it.
>
>I have found that Kubuntu can access my eCS JFS volumes without any
>problem.  Much easier than fiddling with FAT32.

Using the 0.911 level of FAT32.  I've not upgraded due to some reports
of slower performance.  It's already a bit slow; didn't want to make
things worse.  Nice to know that Ubuntu can handle JFS.  I may try that
at some point if I ever get around to installing Linux.

>>> It locks up w/ flash, sometimes it plays 1 time, it always locks up
>>> on the 2nd time (at youtube site - haven't tried other views).  FF
>>> 2.0.0.11 w/ flash patch for v9.0.115.  I need to install mplay and
>>> see if that will work.  I tried Z! on an mp3 online and it locked
>>> up.  Haven't tried an mp3 off of the drive.
>>
>> Installing UniAud 1.1.4 RC6 (a complete package
>> ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/uniaud/uniaud114RC6.zip ) first then Paul's
>> updated Uniaud16.sys ( http://download.smedley.info/uniaud16test2.zip )
>> and UniAud32.sys ( http://download.smedley.info/uniaud32-1.9.4.zip ).
>> Now sound works works most of the time though the keyboard sound buttons
>> don't work at all under eCS.  Not sure if it is related, but I have had
>> a lot of system hangs which only respond to power off.  Or if its
>> related to the Panorama driver.

>>> Same here, no workie.  If I plug in my card reader it works fine.

I have:  xD photo cards, SD cards for my Palm Treo.  Both work very
nicely with both the Advanced Dock slots and a 12:1 SanDisk reader.  I
also use SanDisk flash drives on a regular basis with no issues.  And,
finally, I have a 250GB WD USB 2.0 external drive.  The WD has HPFS and
FAT32 partitions.  I have allocated partions for, but not yet
installed, Ubuntu 8.04.  I hope to get that done next week.

This said, the USBDOCK utility has not recognized any USB devices for a
number of months.  It worked when I first installed eCS 2.0 RC2, but
not since.  I have no idea what the problem is.  As long as the devices
work, I've not wasted time trying to diagnose/debug it.  It would be
nice if it worked, though.

>> Doesn't seem to work in Linux either, unless one has to mount it before
>> it can be used.  I just have SD cards here.  When I plug one into the
>> slot a light briefly comes on then goes out.  DFSee only shows the SATA
>> drive.
>
>My only camera card is an XD.  Reads fine in WinXP.  Is not recognized
>in eCS or Kubuntu.  I did go out and download what is supposedly Linux
>support for the Lenovo Smart Card reader, but it did not seem to help.

See comments about xD photo card above.

>> Since I've been playing with the T61 I've had a number of hard freezes
>> requiring a power off, but not on boot since I got ACPI working.  Have
>> you tried Alt-F4 at the boot blob which steps through each device driver
>> before it is run?  The problem with Alt-F2 is it only shows the last
>> driver that was loaded.
>
>Try the /SAP:0x20 parm

The only other comment I have is that I do not use the /APIC switch for
the PSD ACPI.  It caused a hang early in the 3.0x process so I removed
it; never had a need to try again.

>> Mark

Carl

Abone ol: Bildirim, Derleme, Fihrist.