From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installed eCS 2.0 RC4 on T61 (6465-CTO) withSUSE SLED 10 preloaded.
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 19:34:23 -0400

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 19:03:44 -0400 "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>
wrote:
>Jon Harrison wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 May 2008 19:57:11 -0400, madodel wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm, I just tried mouse.sys (10.163) and though the middle button
doesn't
>>> cause the pointer to shoot to the side like Amouse does, it doesn't
scroll
>>> either, even with scrolling enabled in the settings.  I know I had the
>>> trackpoint scrolling working on the T42p, I just don't remember what I
had
>>> to do.
>>
>> Mouse object -> Scrolling tab -> I have selected 'Scrolling' &
>> 'Press Center Button'.
>
>Same here, but no scrolling.   It does work if I disable the touchpad in
>the BIOS, but then stupid SUSE won't boot.  From what I gather from
>searching google I might be able to fix the linux eror by editing the
>etc/X11/xorg.conf file but I can't figure out how to use vim.  How can
>people stand linux?  Its so freaking hard to do anything.

:-)

Try logging in as root (or from a terminal, sux) and use kate or kWrite to
edit the file. The GUI is a bit more intuitive than vi or vim, if you're
not accustomed to using it/them.

I have to get back to testing on Diane's machine. I think we have the
UltraNav turned off (neither of us use the blasted thing), but I don't have
Linux on the box.

___
Lewis G Rosenthal
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC