From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: RE: [eCS T60/T61] ACPI/APM support on T61
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:41:34 -0700

> On my T61 with eCS 2.0 RC4 with Panorama, ACPI 3.09 works to get SMP
> support on the dual cores, and poweroff works, but suspend does
> nothing.
> What is worse is that APM.ADD does not switch the T61 into battery
> optimized when I unplug it so the battery only lasts about 1.5 hours.
> can get 3 hours out of the battery under SUSE Linux.  Does anyone have
> suspend and/or battery optimization working on their T61

Mark:

I have not timed my battery.  I have the 9 cell battery and am happy with
the battery life.

I don't have the apm active but it is loaded.

One thing I noticed is that if I turn off the wireless (switch on left front
next to firewire) that the battery lasts a whole lot longer.  Of course, if
you are using it often then this doesn't make sense.

Jon