From: "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: ACPI/APM support on T61
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:45:48 -0400

madodel wrote:
On my T61 with eCS 2.0 RC4 with Panorama, ACPI 3.09 works to get SMP support on the dual cores, and poweroff works, but suspend does nothing. What is worse is that APM.ADD does not switch the T61 into battery optimized when I unplug it so the battery only lasts about 1.5 hours.  I can get 3 hours out of the battery under SUSE Linux.  Does anyone have suspend and/or battery optimization working on their T61?  According to Eugene he has reports of the T60 having Resume/Suspend working with ACPI 3.05, but no reports on the T61 other then Chuck's report of problems with ACPI 3.08 but he makes no mention of battery time, just problems with the Beer battery widget which works fine here.

While browsing the closed ACPI tickets I ran across Lewis's report of working Suspend on his T61.  I made the changes he suggested and Suspend actually works now.  Only works using the Suspend menu item off of XCenter, not the Fn+F4 keys or closing the lid.  Also only resumes using the power button (on my T42p Fn+F4 resumed).  But it works. :-)

x:\CONFIG.SYS:
PSD=ACPI.PSD /SMP /R /VBE /APIC
BASEDEV=APM.ADD
RUN=C:\OS2\ACPIDAEMON.EXE
RUN=C:\ECS\SYSTEM\GENMAC\DRIVER\HELPERW.EXE

D:\MPTN\ETC\ACPID.CFG:
 [ACPID]
LID = suspend
PowerButton = Off
SleepState = S3
IdleState = C2
MaxThrl = 0
MinThrl = 0
LogScreen = 0
ExtraKernelHLT = No

Still only getting 1.5 hours from the battery though. :-(    I have created a new ticket on the ACPI Trac - http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/ticket/252  Can anyone else add to this please.  According to Eugene we need 20+ additional users to the ticket for them to  solve the problem.

Mark