From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] ACPI/APM support on T61
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:57:13 -0400

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:45:48 -0400 "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>
wrote:
>madodel wrote:
>> On my T61 with eCS 2.0 RC4 with Panorama, ACPI 3.09 works to get SMP
>> support on the dual cores, and poweroff works, but suspend does nothing.
>> What is worse is that APM.ADD does not switch the T61 into battery
>> optimized when I unplug it so the battery only lasts about 1.5 hours.  I
>> can get 3 hours out of the battery under SUSE Linux.  Does anyone have
>> suspend and/or battery optimization working on their T61?  According to
>> Eugene he has reports of the T60 having Resume/Suspend working with ACPI
>> 3.05, but no reports on the T61 other then Chuck's report of problems
>> with ACPI 3.08 but he makes no mention of battery time, just problems
>> with the Beer battery widget which works fine here.
>
>While browsing the closed ACPI tickets I ran across Lewis's report of
>working Suspend on his T61.  I made the changes he suggested and Suspend
>actually works now.

As I just read your email, I thought, "didn't I get that working somehow?"
;-)

>Only works using the Suspend menu item off of XCenter,
>not the Fn+F4 keys or closing the lid.  Also only resumes using the power
>button (on my T42p Fn+F4 resumed).  But it works. :-)

Yes, this is as far as we've come. It seems that the blasted function keys
are a whole (I almost wrote "hole," which would be almost as apropos) other
beast.

>x:\CONFIG.SYS:
> PSD=ACPI.PSD /SMP /R /VBE /APIC
> BASEDEV=APM.ADD
> RUN=C:\OS2\ACPIDAEMON.EXE
> RUN=C:\ECS\SYSTEM\GENMAC\DRIVER\HELPERW.EXE
>
>D:\MPTN\ETC\ACPID.CFG:
>  [ACPID]
> LID = suspend
> PowerButton = Off
> SleepState = S3
> IdleState = C2
> MaxThrl = 0
> MinThrl = 0
> LogScreen = 0
> ExtraKernelHLT = No
>

>Still only getting 1.5 hours from the battery though. :-(    I have created
>a new ticket on the ACPI Trac - http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/ticket/252  Can
>anyone else add to this please.  According to Eugene we need 20+ additional
>users to the ticket for them to  solve the problem.

As soon as I get back up to NY, I'll have a look at Diane's and see what I'm using. She uses
the machine tethered to power 99.9% of the time, so I'm not even sure of battery life (6-cell).

___
Lewis G Rosenthal
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Sent with SnapperMail