From: "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] ACPI/APM support on T61
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:24:13 -0400

Jon Harrison wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:20:26 -0400, madodel wrote:

When I ordered this from IBM/Lenovo the only option was the 6 cell.

I bought mine in April.

Re: http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/ticket/252

What is the SetGetThrtl and the other command (or where can I find
out about it)?

In the full ACPI zip packages on the BetaZone there are utilities.  One is SetGetThrtl.exe.  According to the accompanying SetGetThrtl.doc "This means that you force the cpu to be idle a fixed percentage of its cycles per second."  The other command SetGetState.exe doesn't work on my T61.  The SetGetState.doc says its to control the frequency (I guess they mean speed) of the processor.  It only works on Intel CPUs and requires SpeedStep to be enabled in the BIOS.  I have both of those there but running SetGetState returns a CPU not found/supported message.

I created two batch files.

battery.cmd
SetGetThrtl 1 50
EXIT

and plug.cmd
SetGetThrtl 1 100
EXIT

So when I unplug the T61 I run battery.cmd which sets the CPU at idle 50% of the time.  With that I now get 3 hours of battery.  When I plug it back in I run plug.cmd which sets it back to full power.  Not as nice as having APM do it but it works and for most use I don't see a difference.  I made WPS objects for each and put them on eCenter.  Doesn't seem to be as hot when its throttled, which makes sense, but this T61 so far has run much cooler then my T42p which ran pretty hot, though not the burner my Medion P4 was or my kids Macbook Pros which get uncomfortably hot.

When I click on that link I get a 404.

Works here but I was signed in at the time.  Login as "Guest" with pw "netlabs".

And please post when you find the 104b kernel.

Will do.  Last kernel I have was 14.104a.  That is the same one on the Betazone in the ACPI section.

Mark