From: "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] ACPI/APM support on T61
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 07:34:21 -0400

Jon Harrison wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:45:48 -0400, madodel wrote:

Still only getting 1.5 hours from the battery though.

I timed my 9 cell down to 5% on the battery meter.

With the wireless on I get 2 hrs.  Seems to me that I was getting
more than that but perhaps that was while I was using XP.

If I turn off the wireless with the switch on the left front of the
case then I get 2h10m, hardly worth the effort.

Is it an old battery?  With a new 9 cell battery I was able to get almost 4 hours from my T42p.  And I get just over 3 hours using the 6 cell battery under SUSE Linux on the T61.

The battery object shows it is set to maximum performance.  I just
tried to change it to "battery optimized" but it doesn't change! Not sure what the deal is with that.

Battery optimization just doesn't work with ACPI.  At least it has never worked on my T42p unless I used APM.SYS instead of ACPI, and it doesn't work with my T61 now (APM.SYS doesn't appear to work on this).  Pasha suggested using the SetGetThrtl.exe to manually do what battery optimization is supposed to do  to use less power.  Using "SetGetThrtl 1 50" I get about an extra 35-40 minutes on battery on the T61.  Anyone know what battery optimization throttles the CPU down to to get longer battery time?  I will try a few different values (I think it says 16% is the lowest) to see what is the lowest acceptable value.  Has anyone tried SetGetState to see if it works on their T6x?  This adjusts CPU speed (as opposed to SetGetThrtl which adjusts the amount of CPU idle time).  Here I just get a message that my CPU is not found or not supported.

Mark