From: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] ACPI/APM support on T61
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:01:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 07:34:21 -0400, madodel wrote:
>Jon Harrison wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:45:48 -0400, madodel wrote:
>><snip>
>>
>> The battery object shows it is set to maximum performance.  I just
>> tried to change it to "battery optimized" but it doesn't change!
>> Not sure what the deal is with that.
>
>Battery optimization just doesn't work with ACPI.  At least it has never
>worked on my T42p unless I used APM.SYS instead of ACPI, and it doesn't
>work with my T61 now (APM.SYS doesn't appear to work on this).  Pasha
>suggested using the SetGetThrtl.exe to manually do what battery
>optimization is supposed to do  to use less power.  Using "SetGetThrtl 1
>50" I get about an extra 35-40 minutes on battery on the T61.  Anyone know
>what battery optimization throttles the CPU down to to get longer battery
>time?  I will try a few different values (I think it says 16% is the
>lowest) to see what is the lowest acceptable value.  Has anyone tried
>SetGetState to see if it works on their T6x?  This adjusts CPU speed (as
>opposed to SetGetThrtl which adjusts the amount of CPU idle time).  Here I
>just get a message that my CPU is not found or not supported.

I have not timed my T60, but most of the time when I'm on the road,
I've usually gotten about three hours on my 9-cell battery [approx 18
months old] with no special tweaking of ACPI.  But, I believe this is
because I have the BIOS set up to do this switching from A/C mode to
battery mode.  I don't know, possibly with the SetGet... stuff, I could
get more.  But I've not done any testing.

Carl