From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Installing rc5 over rc4?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:38:25 -0700 (PDT)

I am planning to install rc5 over rc4 on my t61.  Has anyone done
this yet?

My recollection is that it would be better to format and install.
So I will lose some stuff if I do this.  Has anyone installed rc5
without formatting first (which performs a migration instead of a
new install)?.

I have apps on another partition but some apps have keys in the
os2.ini file so I still will have to reinstall them.  Any ideas on
how to avoid this if I do a fresh install?  Then there is FF with
the various extensions I have added and the patched version of
Flash which are on C:.  I really hate to have to go looking for all
this and reinstalling.

In hardware selection, I can choose acpi.  Since I did not select
it in the installer startup, should I leave it blank now too?

I don't know whether or not to select pcmcia support.... I really
don't know if it is needed or not for future use - I don't have any
of those devices.

Should I select to install Uniaud or skip this and install it later
(or in case of migrating, maybe I should not check it?).

FWIW, I started the install and it won't progress with default
installer.  When using my own values, I have to uncheck acpi to get
it to proceed.

Jon