From: "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Flash on T61
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 23:57:57 -0400

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
On 07/17/08 01:16 pm, Jon Harrison thus wrote :
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:13:27 -0400, madodel wrote:

Sorry but I'm running the same version of Flash which works fine with the Adobe site http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ and reports itself as 9.0.115.  This is on eCS 2.0 RC4.

Working UNIAUD32.SYS is  574,348 bytes, 5/17/2008 2:48:48

D:\MMOS2>bldlevel uniaud32.sys
Build Level Display Facility Version 6.12.675 Sep 25 2001
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1993-2001
Signature:       @#Netlabs:1.9#@##1## 17 May 2008 17:18:46

OK, thanks.  Something is setup wrong with my system I guess.  I
note that the timestamp differs slightly but I don't know if that
would make a difference or not.

Your uniaud32.sys is reported by bldlevel with a time signature of
17:18:46 and mine is 17:18:42, both of us are 17 May.  I can't
recall if mine is the debug version or not.

PMFJI...

I am now able to recreate this lockup condition at youtube on the T61 with some videos. I'm going to have a closer look at it tomorrow, and will post back.

I just did a new install of RC5 on my wife's T61, so I had a chance to spend some time with it today. I have ACPI 3.10 working, as well as UniAUD 1.1.4 RC6 + ALSA 1.0.17. After configuring output levels in STARTUP.CMD, system sounds work, as does my "test" youtube video, but I've since discovered a couple more which produced the exact same hard lockup as you have seen, Jon. I'm going to roll back and forth a couple builds with my patched Flash plugin, and we'll see what I get.

Cheers, and apologies for following up so late in this thread.

Lewis,

Have you tried turning off system sounds then trying Flash?  Since I turned off SS I haven't had any flash lockups.  But to play anything else after playing a flash I have to close Firefox.  Its as if anything that plays sound locks the sound device,  and won't release it until you close the program.

Mark