From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Flash on T61
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:32:24 -0400

On 08/02/08 11:57 pm, madodel thus wrote :
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
On 07/17/08 01:16 pm, Jon Harrison thus wrote :
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:13:27 -0400, madodel wrote:

Sorry but I'm running the same version of Flash which works fine with the Adobe site http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ and reports itself as 9.0.115.  This is on eCS 2.0 RC4.

Working UNIAUD32.SYS is  574,348 bytes, 5/17/2008 2:48:48

D:\MMOS2>bldlevel uniaud32.sys
Build Level Display Facility Version 6.12.675 Sep 25 2001
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1993-2001
Signature:       @#Netlabs:1.9#@##1## 17 May 2008 17:18:46

OK, thanks.  Something is setup wrong with my system I guess.  I
note that the timestamp differs slightly but I don't know if that
would make a difference or not.

Your uniaud32.sys is reported by bldlevel with a time signature of
17:18:46 and mine is 17:18:42, both of us are 17 May.  I can't
recall if mine is the debug version or not.

PMFJI...

I am now able to recreate this lockup condition at youtube on the T61 with some videos. I'm going to have a closer look at it tomorrow, and will post back.

I just did a new install of RC5 on my wife's T61, so I had a chance to spend some time with it today. I have ACPI 3.10 working, as well as UniAUD 1.1.4 RC6 + ALSA 1.0.17. After configuring output levels in STARTUP.CMD, system sounds work, as does my "test" youtube video, but I've since discovered a couple more which produced the exact same hard lockup as you have seen, Jon. I'm going to roll back and forth a couple builds with my patched Flash plugin, and we'll see what I get.

Cheers, and apologies for following up so late in this thread.

Lewis,

Have you tried turning off system sounds then trying Flash?  Since I turned off SS I haven't had any flash lockups.  But to play anything else after playing a flash I have to close Firefox.  Its as if anything that plays sound locks the sound device,  and won't release it until you close the program.

No, I haven't tried that as yet, Mark; thanks for the tip (I had to disable system sounds completely on the D945GCNL desktop system, just to get past the startup sound). Interesting scenario you describe, and squarely pointing the finger at ACPI as the culprit (or the interaction of uniAUD & ACPI). I'll give this a shot later on and report my findings.

FYI, on the D945GCNL, I did not have to manually set the output levels as on the T61. I noticed no difference in behavior (on the desktop system, not the T61) between the various patched builds of Flash, however.

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Warpstock - Santa Cruz, CA, Aug 15-17, 2008 www.warpstock.org