From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Checkini
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:55:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:23:53 -0400, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>wpsreset V1.0.8 (Jun  7 2008) (C) 1998-2005 Ulrich Möller
>Restarts the Workplace Shell process.
>Usage: wpsreset -D
>
> 6-07-08  1:08a        20,727      0 a---  WPSRESET.EXE
>
>While the version number in RC5 agrees, the files are of different
>lengths (the one form RC5 is smaller and has a 5/5/2008 date on it).
>I've attached it for you to test.
>
>For clarity, the file attached is from a running RC5 install with plain
>eWPS.

Lewis:

I'm running rc4 on my T61.

The file you sent came across as 26112 bytes, and of course, the
date was modified by the email.

Whatever, it works fine on my T61.

I have the same named file and size on my v1.2 desktop w/ eCenter.
I tried that one and it hangs the T61 with the wow-wow of the sound
card endlessly looping due to, I presume, an interrupt problem (why
that should happen on a wps reset is beyond me, seems that
interrupts should be set on the original bootup and not changed by
a wps reset).

The point of my original email was that if anyone w/ a T61 has a
problem w/ Checkini they may want to replace the file in their
checkini directory with a recent wpsreset (from XWP or eWPS) and
rename it to match the file that checkini calls (named
resetwps.exe).

And I guess I should say that if anyone does NOT have this problem
then that means there is something fishy at my end.

Thanks, jon