From: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Checkini
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:45:59 -0600

Jon Harrison wrote:
Well, I've always heard migrate was *not* the solution but at WS2008 Steve
L. strongly urged me to do that (during a discussion of keeping the os2.ini
settings for various apps rather than a reinstall (my desktop, eventually to
get v2.0 GA, has dozens of apps that have populated the .ini.

Migrate should be better by RC6.  The RC5 install in migrate mode blows at the beginning of Phase 2.  Joachim sent me an updated migrate.cmd file that at least let me complete Phase 2, but I still had a mess at the end and wound up doing a fresh install of RC5 with a manual migration from my RC4 backup.

Anyway, interesting stuff and I'll check it out.

BTW, if I didn't mention it earlier, my checkini is the save version as you
but I'm was running in on RC4.

Thanks, Jon