From: "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] T60 and sound?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:38:14 -0400

Julian Thomas wrote:
Help! I'm one week away from having to use this T60 as my only computer
for a month, and the lack of sound will be a serious drawback for a few
apps (mostly youtube videos).

I've now got the flash situation resolved (did it by copying the entire
firefox and mozhome directories from my desktop machine) which has some
other advantages - the passwords, for instance.

However, the video was a silent picture and then THWOCK - I remembered
that I've never yet had sound on this machine in eCS.

It's currently running ecs2 RC2 and I'm somewhat reluctant to do a full
reinstall, but if that's what has to be, so be it.

ACPI seems to be working here - at least the machine shuts itself off.

I don't have a great deal of time to take away from packing to mess with
this machine, so hope someone can come through with a Q&D (Quick and
Dirty) procedure.

What version of the UniAud driver are you using?

AFAIK the T6x machines require Paul Smedley's HDA build of uniaud32.sys. Here on my T61 I had to first install UniAud 1.1.4 RC6
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/uniaud/uniaud114RC6.zip  Then Paul's last HDA ALSA build of uniaud32.sys
http://download.smedley.info/uniaud32-alsa-1.0.17-20080716.zip

Mark