From: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Migrate fails
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:58:24 -0600

Jon Harrison wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:45:59 -0600, Chuck McKinnis wrote:

The RC5 install in migrate mode blows at the beginning of Phase 2.  Joachim sent me an updated migrate.cmd file that at least let me complete Phase 2, but I still had a mess at the end and wound up doing a fresh install of RC5 with a manual migration from my RC4 backup.

Chuck:

I tried migrate of rc4 to rc5 on my TP61.  It gives me an error at
the end of phase 1, cmd.exe returns rc=299.  Start of phase 2 gives
same error and so now I have a munged system that I'll probably do
a fresh install of rc5 to get it going again.

Is rc=299 the same problem you got?  I'm not going to bother to

Jon

You can read all about it here.
http://bugs.ecomstation.nl/view.php?id=2099

I got around it (sort of) by copying the updated migrate.cmd into
\ecs\install\rsp at the end of Phase 1.  I then shut down, rebooted, and
Phase 2 ran to completion.

http://7cities.net/~mckinnis/code/migrate.zip

--
Chuck McKinnis