From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] installing acpi w/ rc5
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:43:28 -0400

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:26:30 -0700 (PDT) "Jon Harrison"
<ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
>Gents:
>
>I have reformatted my drive (jfs) and installed rc5 w/o acpi, apm,
>& sound.
>
>So now it's time for acpi and I'm NOT having fun or any luck....
>
>I manually copied the 3 smp kernel files to the root, doscalls1 to
>os2\dll.
>
>>From acpi-20080710.zip (v3.10) I copied resource.sys & acpi.psd to
>\os2\boot
>
>I used the acpi wizard to do the setup, which apparently only
>modified the config.sys
>It placed apm.add (I rem'd it out) and psd=acpi.psd /smp /acpi at
>the top of the config.sys and the apci daemon & testcfg2 at the
>bottom of the config.sys
>
>rebooting w/ alt-F2 my system hangs at screen01.sys.
>
>I'm fresh outta ideas.

First, which CPU do you have in your T61, Jon?

Next, I set up SMP using the ACPI wizard instead of doing it manually (as I
did with my Proliant server).

I'm sure that line reads:

PSD=ACPI.PSD /SMP /APIC

(not /ACPI)

Try changing to PIC from APIC (or just leave off /APIC).

Check that your ACPI.CFG is clean (default). You should find that either in
\OS2\BOOT or %ETC% (can't recall right now).

Just some random thoughts off the top of my head.
___
Lewis G Rosenthal
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Sent with SnapperMail